GL Accountant (Antwerp, Wilrijk – global HQ)
Spacewell: a strong and innovative global player
Spacewell, a Nemetschek Group company, is a technology and consulting firm, supporting its clients across the globe to improve the performance of their building portfolios.
Our core purpose is to make buildings work harder for their occupants through unlocking the power of building information. We are at the forefront of IoT and BIM embedded in Integrated Workplace Management (IWMS) software, enabling our clients to benefit from rich asset information and real-time data from building sensors. By leveraging the Internet of Things, our solutions make buildings smart, drive efficient service delivery and enable our clients to deliver a superior occupant experience.
Our groundbreaking innovation has been recognized by independent and trusted technology research companies and includes ranking in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 3 years in a row, being named a representative vendor in Gartner’s IWMS Guide and a Leader in Verdantix Green Quadrant for IWMS.
Spacewell is part of the Nemetschek group, a publicly-listed strategic holding company whose operating subsidiaries employ more than 2,700 people around the world. The Nemetschek Group drives the digitalization of the building industry, in order to realize a seamless flow of information and feedback throughout all project stages, from design to build, to maintenance and operation. This provides us with a strong foundation to further accelerate our growth and internationalization.
If you share our passion for technology & innovation, want to serve big-name clients and are looking to join an international team of professionals serving customers across the globe, then take a look at this career opportunity.
- Take up responsibility for the day-to-day operational accounting tasks of 3 legal entities in Belgium
- Administer Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Finance entries
- Act as liaison for intercompany transactions to the finance teams in our foreign operations in NL, SE, IN and US
- Prepare VAT declarations, Intrastat, Intracommunity listing and other reportings (NBB enquiries.)
- Assist the Chief Accountant in monthly closing entries and reconciliations, deferred and accrual accounts
- Assist the Chief Accountant in preparing and maintaining financial ledgers (e.g. analytical, intercompany transactions, etc.)
- Close collaboration with the Administration team to support the Invoicing and Procurement process
- Prepare end-of-year closing (together with the Chief Accountant)
- Participate in various ad-hoc projects (e.g. ERP implementation, drafting Company-wide accounting guidelines, etc.)
- Relevant experience in finance/business
- Fluent English and Dutch. Other languages are a plus.
- IT related: Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office
- IFRS knowledge is considered a plus
- Used to working in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and positive team-player
- Initiative and ownership
- Facilitation and conflict resolution, analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- A fast-paced, innovative environment where you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology
- Appreciation for ownership and hard work
- Team spirit & Fun
- An informal, yet professional work environment where colleagues support each other and work towards a common goal
- Plenty of opportunity to take initiative, move and grow within our organization
- A competitive salary and benefits package
How To Apply
Send your CV & brief motivation letter to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.