AZMM innovates hospital cleaning
- 64,800 m², 542 hospitals beds, 24 operating theatres
- 100+ cleaning staff
- Service quality
- Space utilization
- User satisfaction
A modern hospital is a complex environment where care is provided around the clock. This requires highly serviced buildings with no margin for error in meeting their occupants’ needs. To achieve this, it is essential that facility teams have easy access to up-to-date information on the go. Facilities and cleaning staff need to know which tasks to perform, when and where. Instructions must be clear, highly visual and unambiguous, while leaving enough autonomy to work efficiently and respond flexibly to changing conditions on the ground. It is also important that staff can use available spaces effectively and avoid meeting room conflicts and mistakes.
As part of a wider digital transformation effort, AZMM implemented Spacewell’s Cobundu smart building platform and several of its touchpoints.
- Cleaners are equipped with digital tablets (attached to cleaning carts for convenience) running the Work Assistant app. This app eliminates paper and provides clear work instructions (including priorities) with icons on colour-coded floor maps.
- The Space Monitor application is used to provide insight into space usage. It currently gets its data from wired occupancy sensors (Schneider BMS). In a next phase, wireless sensors/door counters will be added to align cleaning frequencies with real-time usage data.
- Digital Room Displays are being installed outside of meeting rooms for quick and easy booking of space and catering/services.
- Better insight into space usage
- Improved ease of booking and communication
- Increased autonomy of field workers
- Higher cleaning team motivation and satisfaction
- Optimal cleaning services aligned with actual building usage
- Fast COVID-19 response: cohort/segregated areas visualized on digital floor plans + tailored work orders with clear safety, hygiene and sanitization procedures for the cleaning team during the COVID-19 emergency. Cohort areas can be easily updated by hospital staff through a web portal.
Employees can access the right information on the go and have more freedom and autonomy. This increases motivation and the quality of service”.