Your role: you can make an impact
We would like to revolutionize the DevOps pipeline for our IWMS and Smart building software product, and we are looking for an experienced DevOps practitioner to take this project to the next level with a strong hands-on attitude. As a senior DevOps Engineer you help promote the DevOps culture, improving the development operations and collaboration between all stakeholders, from planning through delivery. You will be responsible for automating our delivery pipeline to improve deployment frequency, achieve faster time to market, lower the failure rate of new releases, shorten lead time between fixes and improve mean time to recovery. You will work together with a small but vibrant team of DevOps engineers that will assist you in (re)building of the DevOps toolchain.
Spacewell: a strong and innovative global player
Spacewell, a Nemetschek Group company, is a technology and consulting firm, supporting its clients across the globe to improve the performance of their building portfolios.
Our core purpose is to make buildings work harder for their occupants through unlocking the power of building information. We are at the forefront of IoT and BIM embedded in Integrated Workplace Management (IWMS) software, enabling our clients to benefit from rich asset information and real-time data from building sensors. By leveraging the Internet of Things, our solutions make buildings smart, drive efficient service delivery and enable our clients to deliver a superior occupant experience.
Our groundbreaking innovation has been recognized by independent and trusted technology research companies and includes ranking in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 3 years in a row, being named a representative vendor in Gartner’s IWMS Guide and a Leader in Verdantix Green Quadrant for IWMS.
Spacewell recently joined the Nemetschek group, a publicly-listed strategic holding company whose operating subsidiaries employ more than 2,500 people around the world. The Nemetschek Group drives the digitalization of the building industry, in order to realize a seamless flow of information and feedback throughout all project stages, from design to build, to maintenance and operation. This provides us with a strong foundation to further accelerate our growth and internationalization.
If you share our passion for technology & innovation, want to serve big-name clients and are looking to join an international team of professionals serving customers across the globe, then take a look at this career opportunity.
The key responsibilities
- End-to-end redesign and enhance our DevOps pipelines, taking our development construction and delivery process to a higher level
- Develop and improve development operational practices and procedures
- Continuous research on new DevOps technologies and propose ideas to improve the delivery process
- With the objective of automation, you will learn hands-on how to execute the manual steps in our development and release pipeline, e.g. manual integration, manual deployment, …
- Collaborate with Development and QA to bring new features and services into production
- Provide technical guidance and educate development team members and coworkers on development and operations; you will be the DevOps ambassador and influencer
- Document and design the implemented DevOps processes
- Provision, manage and improve the Development tooling.
- MS in Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as IT professional, e.g. software engineer, DevOps engineer
- At least 3 years hands-on work experience as a DevOps Engineer in building and maintaining DevOps toolchains.
- Proficient in any one or more scripting languages such as Python, Groovy, Ruby, Go, Rust, Perl
- Proficient in shell scripting PowerShell/Bash
- Strong hands-on experience with one or more configuration management tool (Ansible, Chef Puppet, Terraform)
- Strong hands-on experience with one or more containerization tool (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
- Strong hands-on experience with Jenkins
- Strong concepts and fundamentals on Operating Systems, Network and cloud infrastructure
- Enjoy learning new technologies and applying that to solving problems
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Your attitude is your hallmark. We foster a culture of friendly, positive, helpful, constructive and easygoing professionals.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, you embrace challenges in life, and you prefer being handed an empty sheet, instead of a worked-out step by step instructions. You can work independently.
What we offer
- An ambitious company culture that takes a good work / life balance into account
- Chance to work on cutting edge and very innovative technologies for a ‘World Class Product’
- Global exposure to work in Belgium, Ukraine and work with cross cultural teams.
- A very flexible working environment
- A young team with fun colleagues
- A learning environment where knowledge acquisition and sharing is an absolute must
- Your base location will be Hyderabad, India.
How To Apply
If you are interested in working with our highly talented and motivated global team please click the button to apply. If you have any questions before you want to apply don’t hesitate to contact us via [email@example.com]. We look forward to hearing from you!