Your role: you can make an impact
You will play a key role in our database team to expand our footprint and continue our successful growth.
Driven by agile best practices and methodologies, you will be primarily responsible for the analysis, design and development of PL/SQL Code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) as part of core myMCS product development. You will become a key figure in the coaching of other developers (Web, Windows) on optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary and establishing best practices in this area. With your experience and skills set, over a period of time, you will bring marked improvements in the Database layer of myMCS Solution with respect to design, performance, and database documentation.
Through both training & coaching from seasoned database professionals, and on the job experience, you will learn how to successfully drive your role and implement agile best practices and methodologies.
Spacewell: a strong and innovative global player
Spacewell, a Nemetschek Group company, is a technology and consulting firm, supporting its clients across the globe to improve the performance of their building portfolios.
Our core purpose is to make buildings work harder for their occupants through unlocking the power of building information. We are at the forefront of IoT and BIM embedded in Integrated Workplace Management (IWMS) software, enabling our clients to benefit from rich asset information and real-time data from building sensors. By leveraging the Internet of Things, our solutions make buildings smart, drive efficient service delivery and enable our clients to deliver a superior occupant experience.
Our groundbreaking innovation has been recognized by independent and trusted technology research companies and includes ranking in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for 3 years in a row, being named a representative vendor in Gartner’s IWMS Guide and a Leader in Verdantix Green Quadrant for IWMS.
Spacewell recently joined the Nemetschek group, a publicly-listed strategic holding company whose operating subsidiaries employ more than 2,500 people around the world. The Nemetschek Group drives the digitalization of the building industry, in order to realize a seamless flow of information and feedback throughout all project stages, from design to build, to maintenance and operation. This provides us with a strong foundation to further accelerate our growth and internationalization.
If you share our passion for technology & innovation, want to serve big-name clients and are looking to join an international team of professionals serving customers across the globe, then take a look at this career opportunity.
The key responsibilities
- You will be primarily responsible for the analysis, design and development of PL/SQL Code (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) as part of core myMCS product development.
- With your experience and skills set, over a period of time, you will bring marked improvements in the Database layer of myMCS Solution with respect to design, performance, and database documentation.
To be successful in this role you should have experience in PL/SQL & Oracle.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Database design & development
- Experience with large databases, enterprise development,
- Having a product development background
- Strong expertise in writing PL/SQL Code (Stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) and maintenance of existing PL/SQL code.
- Gathering Requirements and creating technical analysis documents where Database development is needed as part of new feature development
- A ‘devops’ attitude, you’re a full stack developer who enjoys taking up all parts of the software development processes: from requirements gathering to technical analysis, coding, unit testing and deploying
- Strong proficiency with SQL and SQL query optimization
- Coaching other developers on optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc. as needed.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing the same
- Knowledge of Performance optimization, tuning, and Database design
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Documenting, establishing and evangelizing best practices within the Dev team.
- Maintaining data standards, where applicable
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Strong troubleshooting skills with regards to database issues
- Strong communicative skills
- Under pressure and meeting/exceeding targets
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent English
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in an international, geographically distributed and multi-cultural organization
- A dynamic environment with fun colleagues
- An open and innovating no-nonsense approach
- A learning environment where knowledge acquisition and sharing is an absolute must
- A competitive salary with non-statutory benefit
How To Apply
If you are interested in working with our highly talented and motivated global team please click the button to apply. If you have any questions before you want to apply don’t hesitate to contact us via [firstname.lastname@example.org]. We look forward to hearing from you!