YOUR ROLE : you can make an impact
You will play a key role in our finance team to expand our footprint and continue our successful growth. You will help drive the partnership with clients around adopting our products and services and co-innovating for new solutions. This is a unique opportunity to further develop key technical & financial skills, including financial planning processes for revenue and operating expenses, estimate and skilfully communicate business impacting events, anticipate changes, seek better practises.
As a Business Controller you will be responsible for the production of the most important financial information, regarding Spacewell’s performance. Doing this you ensure the results are controlled, accurate, predictable and delivered in a timely manner with a comparative analysis and comments to the senior management.
The Business Controller is also responsible the financial planning processes for revenue and operating costs – record, estimate and skillfully communicate events with business impact. You will be anticipating on change and looking for improvements. It’s key to maintain a balance between delivering results and the reporting commitments and in the meantime make sure you make structural and strategic improvements for the long term.
You will be reporting to the CFO and will be a member of the CFO leadership team and the company’s extended management team. You will be directly managing a small team and influencing and collaborating across functions and locations.
Spacewell: a strong and innovative global player
Spacewell is a global software and consulting firm focused on solutions for the entire value chain of managing buildings including real estate, workplace, and facility management.
Our core purpose is to make buildings work harder for their occupants through unlocking the power of building information. We are at the forefront of IoT and BIM embedded in Integrated Workplace Management (IWMS) software, enabling our clients to benefit from rich asset information and real-time data from building sensors. By leveraging the Internet of Things, our solutions make buildings smart, drive efficient service delivery and enable our clients to deliver a superior occupant experience.
Our groundbreaking innovation has been recognized in our rankings in our Gartner listing, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and as a leader in Verdantix matrix for IWMS software.
Having recently joined the Nemetschek group, a leading, digital end-to-end software provider across the entire lifecycle of buildings. has made us even more powerful in our growth and internationalization and offers a platform to accelerate growth through integration across the full building life cycle from design and construction to workplace and facility management.
If you share our passion for technology & innovation, want to serve big name clients and are looking to join an international team of professionals serving customers across the globe, then take at a look at this career opportunity.
The key responsibilities
- Manage & Support all revenue- and expense-reporting, ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of figures, analysis and comments.
- Ensure all local, regional and corporate reporting is completed accurately and on-time as directed.
- Support in pursuit financial targets through in-depth analysis and sharing of financial knowledge. Coordinate and support any allocations/cost share between business units/regions.
- Support the enhancement and compliance of Business Control processes, standards and systems.
- Business Control contact for business unit managers, regional and/or segment leaders, etc.
- Communicate, discuss and challenge financial impacts with business unit/regional/segment managers. Prepare and present at related meetings where financial input/commentary is required/requested.
- Own, manage and complete financial information requests from business unit/regional/segment managers.
- Ad hoc tasks for CFO.
- The ability to collaborate with the various functions to deliver the output and insight required
- A strategic overview combined with managing a team to build structural, long term improvements in processes, systems and tools
- Analytical Thinking – ability to formulate and understand business issues, situations or problems by breaking them down into smaller parts and analyze them. Interpret data and draw conclusions and provide focused guidance
- Flexibility – the ability to live and act in a climate of change. Handle stress and demands in a calm thoughtful manner with the ability to prioritize, monitor and control operations.
- A proactive, strong communicator at all levels and across a management team with varying financial management skills
- Quality Awareness – Driven by the desire to identify, prioritize and maintain standards in order to meet internal and external demands. Focus on safeguarding and enhancing the quality of what we do in terms of accuracy, timeliness and consistent with policies, guidelines and best practices
- Initiative and responsibility – willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipate changes
- Education: At least Bachelor (or higher degree) in Business Administration or Economics
- Multi-year experience in a fast moving high tech, preferably international environment
- Multiple years’ experience working in multi-location organisations across different timezones
- Proven track record in business controlling, planning and forecasting
- Management experience, direct oversight and the ability to influence cross functional
- IT skills – Strong systems experience and knowledge IT infrastructure/systems processes
- Ability to work to and meet tight timelines
- No 9-5 mentality; passionate to give all what it takes to deliver quality on time.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A fast-paced, innovative environment where you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology
- Appreciation for ownership and hard work
- Team spirit & Fun
- An informal, yet professional work environment where colleagues support each other and work towards a common goal
- Plenty of opportunity to take initiative, move and grow within our organization
How To Apply
If you are interested in working with our highly talented and motivated global team please click the button to apply. If you have any questions before you want to apply don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!