- Spacewell becomes the overarching brand name for the Nemetschek Group’s solution offering in the building operations & management segment
- MCS Solutions’ relaunch as Spacewell is part of the Group’s strategy to become a world leader in the building operations market – after having already achieved leader position in the building design and construction software markets
- The rebrand follows the recent acquisition of multi-tenant SaaS provider Axxerion
- Spacewell’s product range will also include Crem Solutions’ iX-Haus, voted best commercial real estate software in Germany for 3 years in a row
Antwerp, February 13, 2019 – Nemetschek brand MCS Solutions today unveiled a new name, a new logo and a new website, as part of an extensive rebranding initiative. It is now known as Spacewell.
“With the acquisition of Axxerion and the expansion of our offering, we felt the need to create a new, more encompassing segment brand,” said Koen Matthijs, CEO of Spacewell.
“The name Spacewell evokes our mission to help companies create healthier, happier and more productive spaces. By connecting to the Internet of Things and leveraging real-time data from sensors and user devices, building management is becoming much smarter. As a result, our clients can create better spaces, deliver smarter services, and improve occupant well-being. The whole sector is in a state of flux and we’re excited to launch Spacewell at this pivotal time. It becomes the umbrella brand in the Nemetschek manage segment, covering the Group’s activities in the rapidly evolving building operations market.”
“When we acquired MCS Solutions nearly 6 months ago, the ambition was to become a leader in the building management segment, as Nemetschek did before with BIM in design and construction,” commented Patrik Heider, Spokesman and CFOO of the Nemetschek Group. “The launch of Spacewell is a milestone on our road to realizing this ambition; it creates the foundation for further opportunities and will fuel the expansion of the manage segment. From a building life-cycle perspective, Spacewell is the final link for driving digitalization through the entire building life cycle and closing the feedback loop from the usage phase back to building design.”
Spacewell’s offering consists of:
- Smart building product lines (Monitor/Assist/Transform), powered by the COBUNDU™ IoT platform.
- MCS IoT-enabled IWMS, including a range of mobile apps for both FM teams and building occupants
- Axxerion workflow-based SaaS for property and facility management
- iX-Haus software for commercial and technical real estate management
- O-Prognose long-term maintenance software
- Advisory services by independent consultants with deep domain expertise in smart working, facility management, maintenance, catering, cleaning, and security/risk management
For further information, please contact:
Koen Matthijs – CEO
+32 478 99 22 26
About the Nemetschek Group
The Nemetschek Group is a pioneer in the digital transformation of the AEC industry. Nemetschek is the only corporate group in the world that covers the entire life cycle of construction and infrastructure projects and leads its customers into the future of digitalization. With intelligent and innovative software solutions, the Nemetschek Group increases quality in the building process and improves the workflow and the collaboration of all those involved. Thanks to the unique holding structure of the Nemetschek Group, its 16 strong brands can drive innovation and work closely with their 4 million customers worldwide. Founded by Prof. Georg Nemetschek in 1963, the Nemetschek Group today employs more than 2,500 experts. Listed on the stock market and noted in the MDAX and TecDAX since 1999, in 2018 the company achieved preliminary revenues of EUR 461 million and an EBITDA of EUR 121 million.
Spacewell, a Nemetschek company, is a technology and consulting firm, supporting its clients across the globe to improve the performance of their building portfolios. Our core purpose is to make buildings work harder for their occupants through unlocking the power of building data. We assist our clients to optimize their facility operations and achieve bottom-line savings. And we help them create workplaces that offer the agility, flexibility, and connectivity needed to support new ways of working. Spacewell (previously MCS Solutions) was founded in 1989, and currently employs 300 people across 10 locations.
Stay in the know!
Get your free monthly news update
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.